Regenerative Antioxidant Green Smoothie with Chia
Easy to make in minutes, this powerhouse smoothie refreshes, resets, and provides lasting energy and high antioxidant value.
- 1 cup steeped Butterfly Pea Flower tea
- 2-3 T chia seeds
- 3 whole frozen bananas
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup green apple, core removed
- 1-2 slices fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries and/or blueberries (optional topping)
- 1-2 T Complement protein powder (optional)
To make the Butterfly Pea Flower chia seeds, steep one cup of tea, then add 2-3 T of chia seeds to the hot tea and set aside to allow it to gel.
In a Vitamix, or high speed blender, add the remaining listed ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
To serve, add the smoothie mix into a glass, then once the chia seeds have returned to room temp, add them as a topping layer, or mix them straight into the smoothie if that's easier for you! Top with frozen berries (optional)!